"The Sumy State University Scientific and Training Center of Marketing Researches" (STCMR) was founded by the Department of marketing in 2010.
Supervisor: Serhii Illiashenko
STCMR performs all types of marketing activities: R&D, consulting, analytical reviews, consulting in the field of innovatics, ideas and trademark (brand) developing, technical documentation preparation, etc.
The purpose of STCMR creation and functioning is the practical implementation of scientific, professional and intellectual potential of staff and students of faculty, other universities, research institutions and organizations for the development and strengthening of enterprises and institutions market position.
- Giving students the possibility acquiring practical skills in the specialty (through their involvement in marketing researches) and assistance in finding places for passing production and pre-diploma traineeships.
- Personnel selection, training and retraining (from the amount of students and graduates) in accordance with the wishes of customers and specifics of particular jobs.
- Long and short term courses, including training.
- Performance of works for scientific programs, plans, themes and commercial contracts.
- Research results implementation into practice of enterprises and institutions, as well as into the learning process of modern universities (including writing and preparing for publication of textbooks, tutorials, books, scientific journals, technical documentation, analytical reviews etc.)
- Performance of all marketing activities: research, training, consulting etc.
- Organizing of conferences, seminars, symposiums, "round tables", summer schools etc.
- Providing consulting and educational services to individuals (short courses, professional development and retraining).
- Developing and implementation of marketing activity innovative trends of enterprises and institutions.
Areas of research:
- marketing researches;
- marketing commodity policy;
- marketing pricing policy;
- marketing communications policy;
- industrial marketing;
- international marketing;
- marketing of innovations;
- environmental marketing;
- risks in marketing;
- strategic marketing;
- marketing management;
- advertising management;
- international management (marketing aspects);
- marketing distribution policy;
- commercial activity of intermediary enterprises;
- commodity innovation policy;
- consumer behavior;
- nonprofit marketing (including municipal marketing, marketing territories);
- standardization and certification (marketing aspects);
- merchandising etc.
The applied (scientific and applied) developments of STCMR allow:
- Analysis of the effectiveness of commodity nomenclature policy and development of events for its improvement;
- Selection of optimal strategy for promotion of enterprise production;
- Analysis of the trade mark (brand) market positions and development of events to its strengthening.
- Diagnostics of enterprise innovative development potential and formation of events for its development and effective implementation;
- Development of merchandising events;
- Marketing researches.
- Strategic marketing analysis of market positions of enterprise and development events for its strengthening.
Teachers of the Department organise trainings of the different orientation for employees of enterprises and institutions, i.e.:
- Developing of the organization regional structure by improving the negotiation processes of Sales Managers (for "Ukrrosmetal");
- Skills of managers (for "Net Cracker");
- Fundamentals of marketing activities (for private entrepreneurs and small businesses);
- Actual problems of analysis and consideration of risks (for PJSC "VNIIAEN");
- Actual problems of innovative Management (for PJSC «SMBSPA named after Frunze»);
- Actual problems of personnel motivation (for PJSC «SMBSPA named after Frunze»)
Directions of consulting and training services "Research and Training Center of Marketing Research SSU":
1. Targeted negotiations with business partners, customers, etc.
2. Work with key clients.
3. Principles of effective customer service. Merchandising (sales promotion at point of sales).
4. Organization of private enterprises.
5. Preparation of a business plan:
- market analysis;
- market segment selection (in which to implement the project);
- estimation of financial indicators of project payback;
- business plan uncertainty and risk in business.
6. Prepairing the presentations:
- study of target audience;
- project visualisation;
- the art of making report and catching the audiences' interest;
- analysis of a presentation.
7. Organization of marketing activity in the enterprise:
- understanding of the marketing activity essence to increase business efficiency;
- creation of marketing department. Determination the optimal number of employees and establishing their duties;
- effective management of marketing activity, the importance of "time" and "place" for the effective marketing;
- budget of optimal marketing and media plan.
8. Marketing researches:
- preliminary market analysis;
- selection of research method and calculation of the required number of parameters (sample, a population, deviation);
- interviewers' group formation;
- study of consumer behavior;
- research the competition and the competitiveness of business (products);
- control of the sellers;
- research process audit;
- analysis of survey results;
- making the final report.
9. Forecasted market researches:
- analysis of the company in recent periods;
- sales forecasting (forecasting methods, evaluation, verification of probability and accuracy of the forecast);
- selecting the optimal method of prediction for a particular activity.
10. Low-budget marketing:
- purpose and objectives of the organization for a ratinal use of funds;
- marketing expense budget;
- ways to reduce costs and search for reserves to use them;
- effective marketing tools management.
11. Marketing communication policy:
- sales promotion;
- effective use of PR;
- direct marketing;
- organization and management of complex communications.
12. Marketing program development:
- market analysis, in which the business is planned;
- analysis of competitiveness of the enterprise and/or its products;
- analysis of the company strengths and weaknesses (SWOT, GAP, STP - analysis);
- distribution channels and transportation products;
- marketing budget.
13. Advertising and PR:
- media vehicles selection (on the parameters of efficiency and optimum use of the budget);
- advertising messages development (structure and content of advertising messages, computer technology usage, etc);
- organization of work with the public;
- creating a positive company image by conducting and participating in social events.
- stimulating the customers: price stimulation, benefits in natural form, discounts. etc;
- trade network stimulating;
- personnel stimulating;
- effectiveness of stimulating events.
- selection the place and time of the event;
- selection of promoters, the requirements for their looks and communication skills;
- organization of the event;
- effectiveness of BTL-events.
16. Price as a marketing tool:
- analysis of competitive prices on current market;
- selection of marketing pricing strategy;
- elimination of errors and risks in setting prices.
17. Strategic planning and orders portfolio management:
- analysis of the environment;
- development of strategies for specific business units;
- strategic recomendations for Ukrainian enterprises;
- methods of the optimal strategy selection;
- management of the strategic actions implementation;
- methods of estimation the business portfolio;
- the role and place of business unit's in orders portfolio;
- optimization of the orders portfolio.
18. Motivation and selection of personnel:
- selection of effective way of motivation;
- innovative forms and know-how in the field of staff motivation;
- search for a candidate for the specific position (Headhunting).
19. Audit of marketing activity:
- audit of distribution and logistics;
- analysis of marketing activity strengths and weaknesses;
- analysis of the staff effectiveness;
- suggestions for improving of marketing management in the enterprise.
21. Using software in marketing and management:
- using the package of Microsoft Office programs to solve specific problems of management and marketing;
- forecasting and optimization calculations in Microsoft Excel;
- work with databases (Microsoft Access);
- creation of advertising messages (Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw, In Design);
- creation presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint;
- work in Internet and communication using the e-mail.
22. Risk management in marketing:
- market analysis on the stages of finding the target market;
- promotion of a new product to market;
- control and prevention of risk situations.
23. Marketing in anti-crisis management:
- formation of anti-crisis marketing strategies;
- decision to change the appearance of the product, trademark, name or packaging;
- decision to change points of sale, the target market segment, etc.
24. Social marketing in public authorities:
- social marketing in noncommercial sphere;
- Social advertising and PR;
- branding of cities and towns;
- creating a positive image and tourist and investment attractiveness of the region (city).
40007, Ukraine, Sumy, R.-Korsakova str., 2
Building Т, room Т-115
tel. (0542) 68-78-44